The Kanji 家 (いえ - ie) mainly means house build but also some time this kanji represent family in Japanese.
Followings are some family related Japanese words.
- 家族 (かぞく – kazoku) -- family
- 家庭 (かてい – katei) -- home
- 父 (ちち – chichi) -- father
- 母 (はは – haha) -- mother
- 兄 (あに - ani) -- elder brother
- 姉 (あね – ane) -- elder sister
- 弟 (おとうと – otouto) -- younger brother
- 妹 (いもうと – imouto) -- younger sister
- 私 (わたし – watashi) -- myself
These words are usually used when we are talking with outside of family members and among own family members we use different words. For example;
When we call father, we say "お父さん - otousan" and for mother we say "お母さん - okaasan"
And for elder brother, "お兄さん – oniisan", for elder sister, "お姉さん – oneesan".
And when parent call his or her kids, they call the first name of their kids or add "ちゃん – chan" after the first name; like this "葉月ちゃん – hazuki chan".